Your submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of 30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. An originality report is provided when you submit your task that can be used as a guide
You must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work. Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect. The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of the course.
A. Select one of the following communicable diseases that has had an outbreak across international borders:
• respiratory syndrome coronavirus
• meningococcal disease
• Ebola virus
• hepatitis B
• hepatitis C
• Zika virus
B. Describe the outbreak of the disease selected in part A, including each of the following:
• name of the disease
• the countries involved
• the date the outbreak was discovered
• the dates the disease reached each involved country
1. Analyze the epidemiological determinants and risk factors associated with the outbreak.
2. Discuss the route of transmission of the selected disease.
3. Discuss how an outbreak of the selected disease would impact your community at a systems level (e.g., the functioning of schools, local government, businesses, hospitals).
4. Explain what the reporting protocol would be if an outbreak of the selected disease were to occur in your community.
5. Discuss two strategies (e.g., patient education strategies, community education strategies) that you would recommend to prevent an outbreak of the selected disease in your community.
C. Submit a PDF of your score summary from Bentonville that includes each of the following completed activities:
• Influenza in Bentonville
• Community Advocacy
• Emergency Response
• Communicable Disease
Note: For an example of how your score sheet should look, refer to the attached “Sample Final Results Report: Influenza in Bentonville.”
D. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
E. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.