Compose the topic sentence of body paragraphs
In this practice exercise, you create topic sentences and practice linking them to the main idea of paragraphs.
Four topic sentences
A list of supporting ideas
Step 1 Write topic sentences.
Write a topic sentence for each of the subjects below.
- Why are computers important tools for learning?
- How can exercise help keep you healthy?
- Why is learning to read an important life skill?
- Describe a trip you would like to take.
Step 2 Form supporting ideas.Choose two topic sentences from Step 1.
- Write your supporting ideas for each of the two topic sentences. In other words, make an outline of the evidence you would use to develop your topic sentence.
- When possible, aim to use at least four types of supporting ideas/proof, such as example, definition, analogy, and testimony.
Step 2 Save and submit your assignment.When you have completed the assignment, save a copy for yourself in an easily accessible place and submit a copy to your instructor using the dropbox.