Step 1 Conduct research.
Using course materials and the Internet, find an image you wish to evaluate. Use the following to guide your research:
- The image you select should be related to local, national, or international news events (for example, a newspaper image or a news magazine image).
Step 2 Write a report.
In a one-page (250-word) report, address the following:
- Provide the source of the image (for example, News magazine, April 2003, Vol. 6, No. 2.).
- Is the message of the image accurate and fair, or is it distorted and biased?
- Can you support, refute, or extend the message?
- Does the image achieve its apparent purpose?
- How does the image affect you?
- Be sure to include the image in the report, and to cite its source.
Step 3 Save and submit your assignment.
When you have completed the assignment, save a copy for yourself in an easily accessible place and submit a copy to your instructor using the dropbox.