Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 9 (All Sections)
- Minimum of 1 scholarly source
Initial Post Instructions
After reviewing data from a sample, an inference can be made about the population. For example,
Find a data set on the internet. Some suggested search terms: Free Data Sets, Medical Data Sets, Education Data Sets.
- Introduce your Data Set and Cite the Source.
- What trends do you notice in your data set?
- Based on the trends and the history of your data set, make a claim. What kind of test (left, right, two tailed) would you have to complete?
- Explain the steps needed to complete the Hypothesis Test. What is needed?
Follow-Up Post Instructions
Respond to at least two peers or one peer and the instructor. Further the dialogue by providing more information and clarification.
- Based on the claim presented by your peer, state the null and alternative hypothesis and process you would take to determine if you would Reject or Fail to Reject Ho.
- Based on the data and history presented by your peer, state a new claim and explain why you think your claim is valid.