Through this reflection, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
- Introduce yourself to your peers and faculty (CO4)
- Establish a personal baseline assessment of your informatics knowledge and goals (CO4)
This assignment is due no later than the Sunday of Week 1 by 11:59 PM MT.
Total Points Possible: 50 points
Requirements: Post a written response in the forum to EACH question. Each response should be substantive and provide enough detail to answer the question comprehensively. This assignment DOES NOT require citation or references.
- During what month were you born?
- What does informatics mean to you? Provide one detailed example.
- What specifically about informatics do you want to learn in this course?
- Select one personal photograph which has significant meaning to you. Attach the photograph in JPEG or PDF format to the discussion forum AND provide a caption. The following hyperlink includes instructions for uploading an image: https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10700-4212190965 (Links to an external site.)
- I was born in the month of November
- Informatics to me, is the combination of health and technology. It is managing, analyzing, gathering and applying health concepts and data with health information technology to provide better healthcare. One example of informatics that’s widely used in healthcare today is electronic health records (ERHHR).
- In this course, I would like to learn more about systems and technology that help with clinical decision making. Informatics can be used as a means to inform and support practice. I want to learn about all the possible ways to do this; specifically, to learn how to use informatics to assists in clinical decision making.
- Family photo caption: it’s not what we have in our life, but who we have in our life.