The purpose of this discussion is for learners to identify ways their community is helping members be prepared for potential disasters including the importance of collaboration.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcome:
- CO4 Analyze the professional nursing roles in a variety of community settings (PO7)
- CO5 Utilize a collaborative approach to address factors that influence population health (PO2)
- Answer post due by Wednesday 11:59 PM MT in Week 7
- Two replies to classmates and/or instructor due by Sunday 11:59 PM MT at the end of Week 7
- Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate scholarly resources
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
Think about disasters your community has or could potentially face. Now, think about how your community is helping its members prepare.
- Explore your community and find an advertisement that represents helping community members be prepared for a disaster.
- Examples could be a billboard, poster at a bus stop, marquee sign, flyer, yard sign and more. Example: Sign advertising ‘free’ flu vaccinations at a local pharmacy.
- Upload that picture into the discussion.
- To have it display in your post:
- Click the embed image (looks like a picture of a mountain),
- Choose the header Canvas
- Go to My files, choose the Upload file
- Click on the image you want to display
- Choose Open
- Click Update
- Describe the message the advertisement is conveying.
- Describe how the message impact preparedness.
- If you cannot find any advertisement in your community, describe a type of advertisement for disaster preparedness you think would be most beneficial to your community and how it would be best conveyed.
- Next, identify one community setting that is impacted by the disaster advertisement you shared
- Correctional facilities
- Home health
- Forensic areas
- Faith communities
- Occupational health
- Analyze at least one nursing role (refer to Week 6 lesson) related to disaster preparedness in that setting. Example: In the school setting, what actions and interventions would be involved with the nurse as coordinator of disaster preparedness?
- Identify at least one key stakeholder related to the setting that a CHN could collaborate with regarding disaster preparedness. Include why this collaboration is important.
Your discussion post should look like:
- Uploaded picture
- Paragraph one: Describe the message the advertisement is conveying and how the message impact preparedness.
- Paragraph two: Identify one community setting that is impacted by the disaster advertisement you shared. Analyze at least one nursing role related to disaster preparedness in that setting.
- Paragraph three: Identify at least one key stakeholder related to the setting that a CHN could collaborate with regarding disaster preparedness. Include why this collaboration is important.
- Resources: Where did you find your data?
Do you need high quality Custom Essay Writing Services?