Read/review the following resources for this activity:
Initial Post Instructions
This week, you will write an argumentative essay. As the text points out, this is the apex of Bloom’s taxonomy, in which you now use all of the skills you have learned in creating a logical argument.
For the initial post, address the following:
– Is it inductive, deductive, or a mixture of both?
– Explain the form(s) of inductive or deductive reasoning you have applied.
– Is your resulting argument valid/sound or cogent/strong?
– Have you made a hasty generalization?
– Have you mistaken correlation for causation?
– What type of argument might most easily lead you to a slippery slope?
– Has a red herring or a straw man raised his head in your rebuttal to the opposing view?