Week 2 Guidelines
Identification of Person to be Interviewed from Another Culture and Culture Overview
Identify a person from another culture (to be interviewed in Part 2) and then provide an overview of their culture by reading about that culture.
- Identify a person from a culture that is different from yours.
- You could identify a person from your course, previous courses, workplace, family, and/or neighborhood.
- Research various sources to gain some background knowledge about this person’s culture. You should read material from at least three (3) different credible sources.
- General reference works such as encyclopedias, dictionaries, Wikipedia will not be considered as sources meeting this requirement.
- The list could include books, journal articles, industry reports, authoritative websites, manufacturer’s sites, or sites from research groups.
- Remember, all quotations, paraphrased material, images, graphics, and statistics must be referenced in your report, so make note of all sources while compiling your research!
- Summarize key findings from these readings (approximately one page, using bulleted format) citing sources appropriately and listing full references at the end of your summary.
Deliverables (what to submit at the end of Week 2):
Identify the person and culture you’ve selected at the top of the culture summary page, including your relationship to the person and the name of their culture.
Written overview of culture based upon research findings from at least 3 credible sources (APA format including cover page, summary using bulleted format of one page and reference page).