In your second paper of the semester you will write about a significant court case in Texas. I have a list of the court cases in the announcements. They will be granted on a first-come-first-serve basis. You must email me by noon on Tuesday, September 11, 2018, to let me know what court case you are researching (I will subtract ten percent from your final essay grade if you do not email me your case by the due date). You will include a summary of the facts of the case and a summary of the court’s decision/opinion and then spend about half of the paper discussing the significance of the case for Texas and the rest of the United States (e.g. how did the case challenge the political ideology and culture of Texas?…how did the case help/hurt a particular group of people?). You will find details of these cases through an Internet search on websites like: www.findlaw.com or www.oyez.org. You must use at least three scholarly sources (MLA citation style). Remember to cite any sources that you use in your paper.
Your essay must be between 1750 to 2000 words long. Please use a font like Time New Roman and the 12pt size.
1. Title–Your paper should have a title that is descriptive and provocative. It should make someone want to read your paper.
2. Contractions–Don’t use contractions in formal writing assignments. (Get it?? Don’t!)
3. One-sentence Paragraphs–Do not use one-sentence paragraphs.
4. First Person–Do not use “I” or “you;” the paper is not a letter (or a guideline for an essay).
5. Make sure your paper has page numbers.
Do you need an Original High Quality Academic Custom Essay?