This is a discussion assignment.
1. Conduct an Internet search for a government or community program whose focus is to help the elderly maintain independent, non-institutionalized living.
2. Describe at least one program and discuss how the program benefits elderly people in maintaining their independence. Example: Transportation, Day care centers, Home visits, etc.
3. Your initial post should show critical analysis of the topic and must be supported by evidence from the literature.
4. The word limit for this part of the assignment is 250-300 words.
This portion of the assignment is due Tuesday of Week 6 by 11:55 pm CST.
1. Respond to one (1) of your classmates no later than 11:55pm CST Thursday of Week 6.
2. Your response to your classmate should be concise but should show critical analysis of your classmate’s program selection.
3. Support your discussion with one resource from your literature search, which is different than the initial post.
4. Cite and reference your work.
5. The word limit for this part of the assignment is 150-200 words.
This portion of the assignment is due by Thursday of Week 6 by 11:55 PM CST.
Single space your posts, but double space between paragraphs.
Citations and references must be in APA formatting.
Living independently for the elderly can be enjoyable and rewarding. It is possible for the elderly to maintain quality of life and their dignity while living at home independently so long as their living needs are met (Yee-Melichar et al., 2015). There are several programs out there that make this possible.
Among them is the Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE). This program assists individuals that are 55 years and above by way of
Access the rest of the content in the post instantly by clicking the checkout button below. Thank you.