- Describe the elements of an argument
- List the critical thinking skills necessary to the writing process
In this reaction and response assignment, you examine the elements of arguments.
A one- to two-page (250- to 500-word) paper
Step 1 Write a paper.
In a one- to two-page (250- to 500-word) paper, consider a controversial topic that people are usually on one side or the other of (e.g. whether or not marijuana should be legalized) and address the following:
- Use the four main elements of an argument to try and change your reader’s opinion.
- Use techniques that draw the reader in and make them want to read your paper, even if they may not agree with you.
- List the critical thinking skills you employed to devise the argument in your paper.
Step 2 Save and submit your assignment.
When you have completed the assignment, save a copy for yourself in an easily accessible place and submit a copy to your instructor using the dropbox.