This is a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment.
In your group, write a report on the chosen theorist/theory that includes the following:
- Introduction: Identify the theorist and rationale for the selection.
- Describe the theorist (short biography and major influences on the theorist).
- Indicate the category under which the theorist falls (can use McEwen & Wills classification or other source).
- Incorporate assumptions underlying the theory (including how metaparadigm concepts are defined).
- Include major concepts of the theory.
- Include major propositions of the theory.
- Provide examples from the literature of how the theory has been used.
- Describe how the theory will be integrated into practice at your institution (or how it will be used as a foundation, framework, etc.). This is an action plan.
- Give concrete examples of how theory would be integrated (e.g., assessment guide) and what patient outcomes could be measured as a result of implementing the theory.
- Conclusion: Contrast present practice with what would take place if the theory were guiding the practice.
What is in the Assignment?
⚡ Topic Title: Grand Nursing Theorist Report: Myra Estrin Levine
- Introduction of Presentation
- Category of Theory
- Assumptions of Theory
- Major Concepts of the Theory
- Major Propositions of the Theory
- Examples of Use in Literature
- Practical Application
↪ Conservation of Energy
↪ Conservation of Structural Integrity
↪ Conservation of Personal Integrity
↪ Conservation of Social Integrity
- Collected works of Theory use
- Theory Combination and Incorporation